So it’s almost March…WHAT?! I can’t believe it. I have only been to a couple of shows this semester and there are PLENTY coming up in March.
Two weeks ago, I went to Chicago to see Graham Colton and last week I saw Avett Brothers in Bloomington, IL. WOW. Avett Bros were definitely amazing. This next month I’m going to a few shows….but these are some shows I WANT to go to / I AM going to.
5. MARCH 7: MILEY CYRUS @ ALLSTATE ARENA. I want to go to this sooooo bad. As much as she’s a train wreck, this would be an awesome show to go see. I heard it’s as crazy as she is.
4. MARCH 7: DAN DEACON @ SUBTERRANEAN. If you’re not into Miley, then you should check out Dan Deacon. I saw him at 80/35 a few years ago and it was AMAZING. He’s totally worth it.
3. MARCH 19: CHILDISH GAMBINO @ THE RIV. Oh my gosh I’m probably going to cry because I can’t see this. I actually might snatch some tickets up since my friend is selling some…I’ll see you all there.
2. MARCH 22: YOUNG THE GIANT @ THE RIV. I’m actually seeing YTG in STL the 21 of March so I’m not too disappointed to be missing this one. It’s going to be amazing. Vance Joy is opening and he’s another artist you should check out.
1. MARCH 18: LORDE @ ARAGON. She has been getting so much crap from everyone, but i think she’s an amazing singer/songwriter and I believe that she will learn and develop so much more talent. She’s 17! That’s insane.
There are others this month…like Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. w/Chad Valley, Greg Laswell, Reel Big Fish, Broken Bells, Warpaint, Martin Sexton, Art Garfunkel….
If you are a jazz lover then head to the SPACE in Evanston on March 8 to see Cecile McLorin Salvant. A-MA-ZING.
–Julie Campbell (PlaylistHQ Intern)